Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Food Heroes- Anthony Bourdain

Anthony Bourdain



Anthony Bourdain definitely the first chef to inspire my gastronomic exploration. I first discovered Tony on his show A Cooks Tour which led me to reading Kitchen Confidential where I learned about the wild behind-the-scenes world of chefs and restaurateurs. I find him to be one of the most honest figures in the food world not afraid to speak his mind at any time. His passion for traditional home-style cooking is inspiring proving that it’s not necessary to have squeezy bottled, towered food prepared by Michelin star chefs to enjoy a great meal.



From Wikipedia-

Anthony Michael "Tony" Bourdain (born June 25, 1956) is an American author and chef. He is well known for his 2000 book Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, and is the host of Travel Channel's culinary and cultural adventure program Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
A 1978 graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and a 28-year veteran of professional kitchens, Bourdain is currently a chef-at-large, whose home base is Brasserie Les Halles, New York where he was executive chef for many years.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to comment on your post here for ages! I only just got into Anthony Bourdain after reading your post and then seeing the No Reservations ad on SBS. I probably wouldn't have taken the time to watch if I hadn't read this first, so thanks heaps for introducing me to a great chef!

    ReplyDelete